Friday, June 8, 2007

Happiness is...

I don’t even want to downplay it: today is a wonderful day!

No, nothing spectacular happened. I’m not in love or even just a little bit infatuated. No windfall like finding a lost R100 note or winning the UK lotto.

It’s a great day because I can truly say that the mist is nowhere to be seen. I don’t even want to blog about IF.

And that’s making me feel a little bit panicky.

What on earth am I going to blog about if not IF? That’s the one thing that I’ve experienced thoroughly. I’ve lived it, got the t-shirt and the rest of it too.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not making light of the experience. I’m also not so naïve as to think that I won’t ever want to blog about it again. Coping with it is a life-style adjustment, (goodness me, what an understatement!) and then it becomes your life-style.

Today is the first day in a very long time that I want to blog about something uplifting and light and funny. And it feels so good!

Happiness is… being me today!

PS: Lady Macleod’s blog helped widened the smile on my face and in my heart today. Go read her soon-to-be-made-into-a-movie-straight-from-the-bestsellerslist-if-I-get-my-way rendition about her Moroccan adventure, and don’t forget to vote for her on Blogpower. (Category 3!)


1 comment: