Monday, June 25, 2007

The Great Cake Day

I so wanted to bake my own cake, decorate it, take a photo and brag about it here. But now I can safely say I know of a great place to shop for really tasty cakes! And it's just around the corner. :)

This is my contribution to the Great Cake day celebration started by Melissa. For those of you who don't know about it already, we're celebrating anything we feel like today, be it just to be alive, making it through the Commentathon without too may blistered fingers, or because we had just one too many BFN's. Infertility is no joke, but being part of this community for the past few months has been wonderful!

The inspiration, motivation, snorts & giggles and encouragement I found on your blogs and which has become part of my daily fix & routine has meant the world to me. Here's to you, all my blog readers, not just those that are part of the IF community.

Patience, this is just for you! Anyone else for a big glass of red wine? Hope you enjoyed your visited down here in South Africa - this is turning out to be a journey around the world!

15 comments:

Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Great cake!!! AF just started and the chocolate is calling me...

Where in South Africa are you? The Center I work for is running a workshop in Stellenbosch right now (no, I'm not there...).

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful cake. So this event introduced you to a lovely bakery you didn't know about? Wonderful.

Oh my goodness, that really looks so good I have to click away. Drooling is not appropriate office behaviour.

Sunny said...

WOW I so thought you made that and I was like WOW! I am still very WOW over your bakery.

I will have a glass of red with you too!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Change the name of your table (if it has one) to Paradise.

To me, that's what Paradise looks like!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Before I got to the end of the first paragraph I was thinking, "wow! She's like a professional cake decorator!" :-)

This is cool how we're going around the world. And I've always wanted to go to South Africa.

Anonymous said...

Cake and wine? I am on my way!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I swear my cake would have looked like this had I been able to get past the eating batter stage. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

I hadn't considered the red vine as an accompaniment (sually that's just a course all by itself, but you are right on with that little extra.

Sarah said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!! i want to dive into that cake and live there!

Anonymous said...

Wow... looks like quite the bakery you have around the corner. Perfect... now I know where to get pastries when I am bunking on your couch:).

Raising my glass in a toast...

olivegirl said...

I'm suffering through the second half of the two week wait. And enjoying a glass of lovely Portuguese red wine called Espigo. And it's dirt cheap here in Canada! Wish I had that cake too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I lived near your bakery! Lovely sentiment too.

M said...

You're most definitely a woman after my own heart - cake and wine!
Be there on the next flight!

Nearlydawn said...

You mentioned over at My Rotten Eggs that you were thinking of adding Krispy Kreme doughnuts to your agenda, should you come to the states.

You absolutely have to add them to your agenda! They are the best doughnuts in the WORLD. However, you need a bit of advice on that... Make SURE you go to one of the Krispy Kreme shops, and make sure the "HOT" sign is on in the window. Trust me, they are orgasmic these doughnuts, but are only at their very best when they are hot.

Don't be fooled into buying these doughnuts in the local grocery store, remember fresh and hot that's the key! :)

I heary Krispy Kreme!!!

Jackie said...

That is one gorgeous and elegant cake. I hope it was also delicious! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'll be reading more of you soon 8)

KarenO said...

Thanks to all of you for your sweet compliments! I don't take credit for baking the cake (very honest of me huh? lol) but the rose was my idea, it seemed just to bland to celebrate anything that was just brown on top, even if it is a rich chocolaty brown!