Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We're not that different after all

Thanks to Daimyo Higham-Baka-Ohta (previously known as Lord Straf-Bollinger aka lots of other interesting names!) from Nourishing Obscurity, I'm walking a few inches taller this week! On Monday, Lady Macleod told me that I was featured on his site as the unsung blog for that day!

I discovered his blog through Lady Macleod, but only lurked. His blog is so worldwise and well-known, I was scared that my foot might end up in my mouth if I dared comment. And then the unimaginable happened and he actually said he loved my blog when he came to visit! I feel very honored. Thanks James - you inspire me to great hights. :)

In his comment he said that because he is a man, (and in my opinion perhaps because he had children of his own) he doesn't understand the pain of infertility. But: if you understand human pain, and we all do, then you would understand that of infertility as well. I changed the video clip I made for the International Infertility Film Festival in a very simple way, and now it can be applied to a much bigger audience too.

Click here to see the adapted video clip.

You will notice that only the first few words are different: "The pain of Infertility" was changed back to "Human Pain", as Robert Veninga wrote it in the first place.


Do yourself a favor and pop over to the IIFF blog to have a look at all the videos/films entered for this 2nd round. Don't forget to vote for your favorite! Voting ends on 10 August - and yours count too.

3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Congratulations! You are SO worthy of this honor.

AwkwardMoments said...

KUDOS to you !!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! And I agree that you deserve it.

And to follow your thought, there are some people who really seem to get the pain of infertility, even if they've never dealt with it. They're often the ones who've experienced some other pain like death of someone close or an illness of their own. Infertility is, in part, about loss of control, and many people have felt that.