Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's been a hectic week!

I cried often, sometimes even desperately, feeling strangely detached from the world. But it’s better now. Thanks for your encouraging comments on my previous posts, I really do appreciate it!

Before reporting back, a big THANK YOU to Pamela Jeanne from Coming 2 Terms for mentioning my blog as one who touched her heart. The feeling is mutual!

About my last post: nothing much has changed, just my perception of the situation. My whole family is doing better. I think I cracked about the last incident because all the heartache in my family just got a bit too much.

Let me explain a bit. On my 40th birthday in February this year, we heard my mom’s breast cancer from 9 years ago has started again and spread to her lung. She had her 2nd chemo this past Tuesday. My two sisters are going through some seriously rough patches in their marriages, and my brother who is working in Abu Dhabi in the UAE just broke up with the love of his life. For once in my life I’m the only one in my family without some serious crisis.

I never knew I loved them so much that their pain would hurt me more than my own.

*** Update: I've found the following quote from Anaïs Nin this morning, and it is so fitting right now!

"I know why families were created, with all their imperfections. They humanize you. They are made to make you forget yourself occasionally, so that the beautiful balance of life is not destroyed." Anaïs Nin ***

The past week has been a serious eye-opener to me in more than one way. I’ve learned things about myself, life and faith that have been lingering under the surface for far too long. But it has brought me a calmness of heart that I’ve been searching for a long time. I’ll tell you more about that in a future post.

No comments: