Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pregnant Women Are Stalking Me!

Not right now, thank goodness, but when I saw that topic in a scrapbooking email, I was quite surprised. I'm trying really hard to cope with life in general, doing lots of different things to keep my mind from wandering (wondering too?) so I've succumbed to the scrapbook-bug that's been nibbling away at me for the past few years. (Let's not talk about it right now - I spent WAY too much money on my starter kit, but boyohBOY it's fun!)

Anyway, it was kind of "Huh? What's this?" when I saw that topic, but at the bottom of the email from ScrapGirls that I receive daily, (they've got loads of ideas - subscribe if you haven't done so yet!) there was a short article that I identified with immediately.

"Customer Muse: Pregnant Women Are Stalking Me!

I have a confession.

Five long years. Yes, for five years, pregnant women have been stalking me. I am not talking about the ones that are pregnant and don't know about it yet, however, I am sure they are tracking me as well. But, I am referring to the ones that are very pregnant and about to POP; the pregnant women who can hardly walk because their load is so heavy. How do they know which aisle I am in at the grocery store? How do they know which pew I will choose at church? Do they have a built in radar system that magnetizes them to me - the infertile one? That’s how you feel when you want to have children, but it’s just not happening.

Pregnant women are everywhere. They know which parking space I am going to choose and what elevator I am going to be on. They wait on me at restaurants, check me out at the grocery store, take my money at the bank, and even ask me for directions. If you are experiencing infertility, you may be being stalked by pregnant women as well! How about the pregnant women that already have four kids in the shopping cart? Oh yes, they are after me, too!

If you have ever felt like this, I have a secret plan of revenge and you can join me on my mission. I refuse to let my joy be stolen by these attackers – stalkers - if you will. Instead, I pray a prayer of blessing on them. THERE take that! I see them coming near, every color and shape, but instead of resenting them and being painfully jealous of them as I used to be, I have decided that I will PRAY for them when they come after me.

While these women are not aware that they are my "enemies," I really believe that The Enemy encourages them in my direction to see if I will snap under the stress of our fertility struggles. My battle here is not really at all with the pregnant princesses who come my way in all of their glowing splendor, but with Satan himself and the thoughts that enter my mind.

If you have ever felt this way, take my advice and make your thoughts captive to Christ and 2 Corinthians 5:10b. In the renewing of your mind, FORCE yourself to speak a blessing prayer over those who seem to torment you. You don't have to do it out loud, just in your head. Then, you can stand tall and walk past the challenge, knowing that the King of Kings used YOU to bless someone you don't even know.

Barbarita Lee"

This is not going to be easy for me. I try to avoid the subject of pregnancy, babies AND Infertility totally - one of the reasons why I'm blogging way less than I do normally. But I'll try it because doing something nice for someone else will always make you feel better.

A little update on my mom: she is doing so much better! Visited them on Thursday afternoon when they returned from their seaside vacation, and I haven't seen her looking this good since early January. Thanks for all your prayers and support! :)

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

what a great email. thanks for sharing that - i passed it along to a friend that really needs tha . I am also so happy to read wonderful news about your mother.

The Goddess G said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have had a hard time lately with feeling like people with babies the same age as Joseph are stalking me. This is something I am going to try.

Glad to hear that your mom is doing good and getting a chance to relax and rejuvenate.
~Carole

Geohde said...

It's wonderful to hear that your mother is doing better.

And pregnant woman are absolutely stalking me! Along with women with their bloody babies in my IVF clinic this morning after my Crap Scan. Tactful, I think not.

J

Pamela T. said...

Totally understandable why you'd want to keep some arms length room between you and subjects that can complicate your life. So glad to hear that things are looking up for your mom. Enjoy the new distraction that scrap booking can bring.

Schatzi said...

So glad to hear your mother is doing well!

As for the preg woman thing, I hadn't thought of it that way. A little food for thought. I was feeling good about myself that I have become quite nonreactive when I see preg women. I suppose it is a step in the right direction when I am no longer shooting eye-daggers at them...:-)

Bea said...

I'm so glad about your mum. And great thoughts on the stalking!

Bea

lady macleod said...

I'm so pleased for you that your mum is better. I agree with this woman in her method of dealing with the pain. I use something similar with "enemies".

Stay well and safe. Keep on breathing.

~B said...

Wow. I just found this 2 years later when I decided to Google my name today! I am in tears that my story blessed you! Guess what, they are still following me. I have a beautiful son whom we adopted in 2007, but those bloody prego's are still after me! Thank you so much for writing this, it made my day, two years later!
Barbarita Lee @ gmail.com